Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Energy Drinks & Deities

For a while I've been wandering why he chose me to take after him.
I've tried asking him about it, but I always just got a riddled answer about me being the only person he could trust being responsible with those powers & me being  the best hope to retain his legacy.
Since the Blind Man took me in he & his servant have told me to be careful of the other deities, because even though I'm strong willed I am very gullible & vulnerable.
Me, and servant (name that she prefers to be called is: "Heat.")
Me, and Heat were going to get some eldrich energy drink, which is a popular drink with deity's, and eldrich beings.
We barely talked on the way, because there wasn't much to talk about that we would like other people to hear.
When we came to the place where to buy the drinks, they were all sold out, which I found disturbing because that means there's another deity in the area.
Weirdly the sky above us was slightly darker, and we could hear wings flapping.
I asked heat what it was, and she didn't know.
Suddenly a shady person, which I wasn't particularly found of because of the thought of other deity's coming out of nowhere made me nervous, came to us, and asked us what was bothering us.
I didn't think I had the right facial expression to give that away.
I felt a little weird.
Heat replied: "We needed eldrich energy drinks."
Shady person: "Well, I can get you some of that, but if I ask you for a favor in the future, you must say yes no matter what it is. Or, your fate will be worse than the sweet fate of death."
Heat replied: "I think we can make a deal."
Shady person: "I was talking to the boy."
Before Heat could leave with me, I said yes.
Shady person: "Your word Is all I need, you seem to be in a hurry, so I will make sure your package will be delivered to you."
After a little while I saw the shop keeper refill the stock of eldrich energy drinks right before she slammed the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment